It is our goal everyday to combine our passion for cycling, expertise of local regions and passion for traveling into creating the most memorable, affordable and rewarding life experiences possible for our clients. We constantly drive ourselves toward helping cyclists of all backgrounds and fitness levels to discover aspects of Western Balkans, as Albania and “new born” Kosovo that may otherwise be difficult to access. We provide all of our diverse experiences in the most fun and economically sustainable way possible, while relying on local companies and guides to achieve a genuine conveyance of culture and heritage. For your clearance, please submit the following terms and conditions.
Please retain the following for your records.
The following table explains cancellation fees for all tours:
|Days before departure||Cancellation fee per participant|
|Up to 2 months before||15%||2 months – a month before||30%||30 days – 15 days before||50%||15 days – a week before||70%|
Refunds can take 1-3 weeks to process from the date written cancellation is received. No refunds are possible after the tour begins; no refunds are issued for an unexpected late arrival or early departure. Refunds are for tour price only and do not include transportation, hotel or other personal expenses incurred on the part of tour participants.
- I have chosen a trip that suits my abilities, level of fitness, and state of health.
- I do not have any physical conditions or disabilities that are a hazard to me or other travelers.
- I have a valid passport and all visas, permits, certificates, and vaccinations required for travel.
- I will read pre-trip materials about clothing, medical requirements, and culture-specific etiquette.
- I will make sure to communicate any special requests at least 30 days prior to travel. This includes dietary restrictions, room preferences (if provided in the tour). I also understand that AORC will make a reasonable effort to accommodate special requests but cannot guarantee they will be possible.
- I will respect the laws and customs of countries visited.
- I will follow environmental guidelines and regulations while on the trip in accordance with guide direction.
- I will respect the rights and privacy of other trip members.
- I understand that travel with a group invariably involves compromises to accommodate diverse desires, travel goals, personalities, and physical abilities of group members. AORC guides may be required to improvise and to use their reasonable discretion in making decisions. These decisions may not always please everyone.
- I understand that AORC reserves the right to refuse service during a tour to anyone whose health or behavior could impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow guests. An individual may be asked to leave a trip if the tour guide feels that the person’s continuing participation may prove detrimental to the individual or the group.
- I understand access to medical facilities and evacuation services may be limited.
- Secondary roads may not be well maintained. I will pay attention to road conditions and watch for other vehicles and cyclists.
- I understand the weather is variable, may change quickly and may become hazardous.
- I will always wear a helmet when riding. I will not wear headphones when riding.
- I will drink alcohol responsibly.
Submission to Jurisdiction – By reserving space on a tour you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that any action, litigation or proceeding of any kind or description, whether in law or equity, whether in contract or in tort or otherwise, shall be brought in the courts of the Republic of Albania and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of such courts.
Waiver of Venue – By reserving space on a tour you irrevocably and unconditionally waive any objection you may now or hereafter have to venue of any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or the tour hereby reserved in the Albanian Republic. By reserving space on a tour you irrevocably and unconditionally waive, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any right you may have to a trial by jury in any legal proceeding directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or the tour hereby reserved.
I CONFIRM THAT: (A) I AM IN GOOD PHYSICAL AND MENTAL CONDITION; (B) I HAVE THE REQUISITE SKILLS AND ABILITIES TOPARTICIPATE IN THE TOUR I HAVE SELECTED; AND (C) I AM NOT SUFFERING FROM ANY CONDITION, IMPAIRMENT, DISEASE, INFIRMITY OR OTHER ILLNESS, INJURY OR MENTAL DISORDER THAT WOULD ADVERSELY AFFECT OR IN ANY WAY LIMIT MY ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TOUR I HAVE SELECTED.
I HAVE VOLUNTARILY APPLIED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TOUR I HAVE SELECTED WITH THE FULL UNDERSTANDING THAT BICYCLING AND OTHER TOUR ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS, HAZARDS AND DANGERS THAT MAY RESULT IN PROPERTY DAMAGE, ILLNESS, INJURY, EMOTIONAL PAIN AND SUFFERING, PARALYSIS AND DEATH. I UNDERSTAND THE RISKS, HAZARDS AND DANGERS INVOLVED IN PARTICIPATING IN THE TOUR I HAVE SELECTED. I ASSUME THE RISK THAT I MAY SUFFER PROPERTY DAMAGE, INJURY, ILLNESS, PARALYSIS, OR DEATH AS A RESULT OF RISKS, HAZARDS AND DANGERS.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY OWN MEDICAL AND ACCIDENT INSURANCE, AND FOR ENSURING THAT IT IS EFFECTIVE OVERSEAS. I ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MEDICAL CARE PROVIDED TO ME AND I WILL PAY ALL COSTS OF MEDICAL CARE AND RELATED TRANSPORTATION THAT ARE PROVIDED TO ME DURING THE TOUR. IF I BECOME ILL OR AM INJURED AND AM UNABLE TO GIVE INFORMED CONSENT TO A PROPOSED MEDICAL TREATMENT THAT MAY BE DEEMED NECESSARY, I APPOINT MY TOUR LEADER AS MY AGENT WITH THE POWER TO AUTHORIZE ALL MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND HOSPITAL CARE FOR ME AND THE POWER TO EXECUTE ALL DOCUMENTS AND RELEASES NECESSARY TO OBTAIN SUCH CARE.
FOR MYSELF AND MY HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND ASSIGNS, I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE AORC, ITS MEMBERS, MANAGERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (“RELEASEES”) FROM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL LOSS, DAMAGE OR CLAIM ON ACCOUNT OF PROPERTY DAMAGE, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, EMOTIONAL PAIN AND SUFFERING, PARALYSIS OR DEATH, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF A RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE, WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THE TOUR.
I AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES AGAINST ANY DAMAGES, COSTS, EXPENSES AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES RESULTING FROM ANY CLAIM OF ANY OF PERSON ARISING OUT OF MY ACTIONS AND THOSE OF ANY MINOR ACCOMPANYING ME.
WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION